al Cazar el Carpincho Azul

Musings on my move to Nicaragua in search of the elusive Carpincho Azul.

13.11.04

Farewell, Esperanza

Today's major milestone is saying goodbye to the first car I ever found and bought on my own, my green 1996 VW Golf. I think this is the hardest part of moving away so far. Esperanza (because green is the color of hope) has been so great over the past 4 years. Comfortable, stylish, practical. I just keep telling myself that there will be other green VWs in my future.

Now that I have a job, the Carpincho wants us to buy a Jeep. Not the same, but very likely more practical for maneuvering the hit-or-miss paving in Managua. That will definitely wait until income has been received.

At any rate, I'm off to run errands (address change, wire money), then it's time to drop Esperanza off to her new family in Weymouth. Adiós, querida.

1 Comments:

At December 4, 2004 at 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad...

But, Hope lives on!

Enjoy the Jeep until your next VW greets you!

- Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home